Butterfleye is an intelligent, wire free security camera.
Butterfleye can be used for variety of home security and office security applications. Activity Based Recording (ABR) is our patented technology that makes Butterfleye smart, by only recording when something happens. Instead of scrolling through hours of meaningless video, Butterfleye gives you the events that matter with customizable search features.
Butterfleye is rated for extreme temperatures and humidity levels. We are currently awaiting our waterproof rating. We fully guarantee Butterfleye and will replace your camera if there are any issues.
Butterfleye is most portable and versatile security camera currently available on the market. It features a rechargeable battery that provides multiple months of battery life, and it does not require a hub - so you can take it anywhere or leave Butterfleye plugged in.
For live view and for uploading videos, Butterfleye needs a Wi-Fi connection. Butterfleye also has built-in storage, enabling it to record events if its connection is interrupted, and upload them when a connection becomes available. Butterfleye can also connect directly to your smartphone without needing an internet connection.
Butterfleye is 3.7" (94mm) wide by 3" (76mm) tall by 1.5" (38mm) deep.
Yes. Additionally, you can also use the smartphone app to talk to people in the same room as your Butterfleye.
Butterfleye is the world's smartest security camera, with real time alerts and complete versatility. It has fewer false alarms, with the intelligence to recognize people and their faces, as well as having thermal sensors and audio recording. It's able to be used in a cordless fashion or while plugged in, so you can place it or take it anywhere.
Just select the desired network and enter the network password (if necessary) via the Butterfleye app on your mobile device.
No, Butterfleye is designed to deal with Wi-Fi going in and out. We designed Butterfleye to record during power and internet loss and store all recordings internally until a connection is present. You can connect via Wi-Fi or LAN.
- Blue blink - Video is recording.
- Blue solid - "Find & Identify" button is being pressed in the app. It also means camera is unpaired.
- Green 3x blink - Camera is turning on.
- Red 3x blink - Camera is turning off.
- Red blink continuous - Battery is 20% or lower.
- Red solid - There is an error.
- Amber blink continuous - Internet isn't available.
- Amber 3x blink - Camera was plugged in (only when camera is on).
- Purple blink continous - Upgrade is in progress.
Butterfleye automatically uploads videos to the cloud. They can be accessed through the Butterfleye mobile app.
1. Live-streaming audio and video.
2. Timeline history and ability to go back as far as a year of video history.
3. Download and share video clips.
4. Two-way talk.
5. Arming and disarming Butterfleye cameras remotely.
6. Geofencing - This feature automatically arms or disarms the camera as the owner enters the room.
7. Wireless setup and programming of each camera.
8. Tagging the name of various people in the home or workplace.
9. Local network streaming (LAN streaming) so the device can directly connect to Butterfleye camera without the need for an internet connection.
10. Filtering events (by face, sound, etc.).
11. Schedule alerts - program the camera to only sends you alerts certain times/days of the week.
12. Check camera battery status.
13. Sign up, change, or cancel membership.
14. Add/pair new cameras.
Up to six cameras are supported per account.
Yes, Butterfleye connects to as many mobile devices as you wish under the same login credentials.
1. Every camera has 7 days of history on the cloud.
2. $19.99/month fee for unlimited number of cameras with 30 days history on the cloud.
3. $29.99/month fee for unlimited number of cameras with 1 year history on the cloud.
In addition, all Butterfleye cameras are equipped with local (in-camera) storage (16GB or 32GB for the black camera) for many hours. In the event of an internet disconnection or a weak signal, important events are still recorded. There is no extra charge for local (in-camera) storage.
We provide a 60 day money back guarantee. If you aren’t 100% satisfied, contact us within 60 days for a full refund. We also provide a 3 year product warranty. If anything goes wrong, please contact us and we'll solve the issue.
If you are the original purchaser of the product and you are not satisfied with this product for any reason, you may return it in its original condition within 60 days of the original purchase and receive a full refund.
Talk to us.
We've listed some our most frequently asked questions on this page. If you're still troubleshooting, don't hesitate to reach out. We'll try to get back to you ASAP. Also, feel free to reach out if you have other comments or concerns.